Going to work early

A few weeks ago early April, it was a beautiful sunny Sunday (still quite cold, but after the unusual long & strong winter, it was the first proof that Spring was finally to arrive soon).  While both Jan and I had to be in Amsterdam on Monday, Jan had the idea to simply go early and spend some of our afternoon exploring Amsterdam. It's funny, it's now the 3rd year I work part-time in Amsterdam but I really don't know the city at all. I go up early in the morning by train, arrive late in the office, work late to compensate, go check in in a nearby hotel and try to go out for dinner with some colleagues. I do know all the restaurants of the area and fortunately there are a lot good ones too choose from.  And I repeat that the next days , except for the day I return when I leave the office early to come home at a nice hour.  So really I hardly ever am further than 1km away from the office.

So it was very strange and very "touristy" for me, to stroll to completely other parts of the city, discover the beauty of the port and canal streets, all glimming in the sun  while the terrases had all sprouted up out of nowhere full of people (even if still wearing gloves) that wanted to enjoy this nice weather. 

I realised there is so many musea in Amsterdam I still want to discover (yeay, in the mean time the 10 year closed Rijksmuseum reopened and I've never been there yet...a must do on my list) or rediscover (Van Gogh museum!). So yeah, we should do this again, even if it might be a rainy day. 

But it sure was fun to walk around casually without computer bag or trolley behind me in the sun. 












Comments

Popular Posts