Kootenay Lake

You can't think of Creston without Kootenay Lake, even though the start of the latter is 25 kms away from downtown (multiple towns in a Belgian mindset).  

The 104 km long lake (3-5 km wide) between the Purcell and Selkirk mountain ranges feels like home for me.  If I ever have the time, when going west, then I'll always choose for the  90 km windy road along the lake up to the ferry, rather than the much more efficient Hwy 3 over the summit pass.  On the drive we decided to buy a house here on the shore if we ever win a major lottery  (hmm it would help if we would actually play on the lottery). 

For Kabouter it was also a lot of fun to go on the world's longest free ferry ride across the lake when we were on our way from Creston towards Nelson.  I love the views from the ferry.  I love the lake. 












Comments

Popular Posts