My body #boostmypositivity

Hmm due to workload, fatigue and then vacation I've totally missed the boat with the #boostmypositivy blog action in Belgium. Oh well, it seems to be my habit to join actions when they are over. So be it.

So my body...interesting topic when your are pregnant and your belly becomes an autonomous growing moving object where you stare at in amazement and disbelief.  I can sure tell you that I'm expanding at a much faster rate than when I was expecting Kabouter.   My first suspicion that I might be pregnant was in fact a sudden weight increase and tight pants and indeed, the first speculations at work started behind my back before I had even taken a pregnancy test. Ouch.

While I was guessing that the others were guessing over summer, I kept my mouth shut and enjoyed my inside joke when seeing their doubts.  I was clearly gaining weight and popping out, but it's for a good fun reason so I don't mind very much.  After birth of Kabouter I in fact arrived at -6k of pre-pregnancy weight so I am not too worried about gaining weight now.

The only difficulty with pregnancy weight is the constant search for new comfortable clothes. It doesn't help if one pregnancy was in summer and the other in winter. Fortunately pregnancy pants can be very comfy and sometimes I miss them afterwards...hahaha they should fit all pants with such a huge elastic.

I'm surprised however that the physical discomfort is already starting. The last month with Kabouter was really tough: those last 4 weeks are too much.  and I remember that long walks in the last 2,5 months became difficult. But I'm already running out of breath now sometimes on a staircase, already I have to tell Jan to slow down when walking down the street.  Hmm, clearly my physical condition is nihil...that's something I never built up entirely anymore after the birth of Kabouter.
And doing that now, is a challenge.   Kelly from Talesfromthecrib wrote about her challenge to keep moving while being pregnant as well.


Other than that, I'm not very obsessed with my body. It's not perfect, it's not bad.  My weight started to annoy me a few years ago when it steadily went up during my part-time life in hotels.  In fact I had just started weight watchers when I found out I was pregnant of Kabouter.   But as stated above, breastfeeding a long time and not living part-time in hotels anymore made me lose weight after birth quite easily .

I'd love to change the multiple allergies that cause excema every x weeks. It's the reason why I never wear make-up anymore , neither jewelry. So always a pretty "natural" look for me, potentially with reddish half swollen eyes. I don't give it much thought anymore to be honest.

So all in all, I am not very obsessed with my body, it's generally fine as it is.  How about you?



Comments

Popular Posts