- Hugging 2 little boys on my lap
- Arriving home to find a neighbour boy and Kabouter together on the deck amidst a load of toy trucks
- Watching Beertje's face break into a big smile each time
- he wakes up and sees us around in the morning
- he discovers his baby friend in the mirror who observes him with big curious eyes.
- Crossing our country on a "black traffic" Saturday without traffic jams thanks to some detours and the Waze app.
- A kid who waves from a car next to me while waiting at traffic lights. He's totally surprised that I answer his waving and stumps his brother and sister in the car to point at me, after which all 3 of them are waving. And so I'm waving back again at 3 grinning faces.
- A pheasant watching the traffic coming by all week on top of a pile of dirt along my commuting road.
The turkey that was wandering at the traffic lights with big open tale also made me laugh.
- An adolescent that comes by racing on his bike "I thought I saw you dropping this", holding up the toy that you just realized Beertje was no longer holding in his hands during a walk.
- A stranger who overheard that you needed to find a public toilet for your toddler at the other side of a small festival and who opens up his house right next to you so you can use his bathroom.
- Enjoying a piece of cake with my parents, relax, amidst flowers outside
- Airco in the office on some days and free gazpacho for lunch
- A spare fleece in the office on other days
- My dad who was good enough to go home for a test weekend for the first time since Murphy messed up my parent's vacation and my dad's health condition 4 months ago.
Some bloggers like Gerhildemaakt or Upje blog regularly about simple things in their lives that make them happy. Those are fun simple posts that are recognisable and make me smile. And as the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I also want to list some things that make me happy in my daily life. This is the 8th edition. The first 7 times you can read here , here , here , here, here , here and here.