Health

May 2016 is not a good month for my dad's family's health.

Apart from my dad's accident and ongoing revalidation, we are mourning the passing of my cousin this week and we got news that someone else has to fight against illness once again.

So in between all these happy pictures of my children, there's also a lot of difficult Skype and phone conversations and reflections going on these days. Stories I do not want and can't share here on this blog. But stories that occupy my mind a lot these weeks and contrast so much with the happy posts here.

Sigh.

Let's switch to June, shall we? Can my family then get a bit of a rest and more positive news, please?

Fortunately I got some good news as well.  Beertje was born with a duplicated ureter. The pre-natal ultrasounds had already shown this to the doctors but I only truly learned what this was about in the examinations they did after his birth. This anomaly (yet not extremely rare) gave him a high risk for kidney infections through probable reflux from the bladder to the kidney. For that reason he has been on preventive antibiotics since his birth.   But today they've tested the reflux with contrast fluids and apparently he's not showing any signs of reflux, therefore the risk for kidney infections isn't as big after all and we can stop the antibiotics. Yeay, that's nice.  He'll be continued monitored during his child growth but it's nice to know that his duplicated ureters will probably not cause any issues to him.

Comments

Popular Posts