A pistol and a shield


I'm finally sitting down on the couch tonight,
after the children went to bed.
There is a pistol and a shield laying on the coffee table
next to my feet that are resting on top of the table as usual.

I look at these 2 objects that don't belong on the coffee table.
Kabouter put them there to show his dad tomorrow.

He had handed me his wooden stick in the park this afternoon
"It's a pistol mommy"
"Paw paw paw"  I collaborated with his imagination
"No mommy, it's only for shooting robbers." he corrected me

"I also need a shield to protect me!"
And he looked into the grass, pointed and jumped to a big fallen leaf
I cursed because fall is really happening.
"That's my shield mommy,
can you carry them for me, please?"

His shield is starting to curl up on the table
and his pistol left some dirt.
There is a pistol and a shield laying on the table
next to my feet that are resting on top of the table as usual.




Comments

Popular Posts