A screenshot around me

Liese from Shoutyourheartout, sometimes posts this type of screenshot on her blog. She compares it as a accidental screenshot she sometimes makes from her smartphone.  I sometimes do the same.  In analogy, we make a screenshot of what is happening in our lives at the moment we type this post 


What time is it? 

It is Saturday 3/6 11h18

What do I see around me? 

I am sitting in the east of Belgium in a little sofa chair with view on our salon table which is cluttered by some tissues, some ipads , Rodin's comb and my cup of coffee. 



What am I doing today? 

I am having a lazy quiet morning but this afternoon I intend to go for a walk, clean up some branches in the garden and maybe drive them to the container park together with a box of old paper. 
At the end of the afternoon we'll probably have some appetizers and I'm sure Jan will hit the BBQ. This evening I hope to finish my book which is overdue in the library...well, I'll finish it today or tomorrow.  

At this moment however, I profit from the quiet time in the house when Jan is grocery shopping with the boys and I have an hour alone in the house. Since I've been too (fun!) busy in previous weekends I am writing some blogposts, but first I used the quiet time for a meditation exercise. 

I love this type of weekend days and this one is welcome after 2 busy filled fun weekends.  Now it's time to re-energize on my own rhythm again. 

How do I feel? 

I feel quite alright and relax. I enjoyed a very long night of good sleep which was welcome.  I've been a bit down and low on energy for several weeks in April and early May but since then I feel really good again.  Yet the busy weekend last week with less sleep and hay fever pills had hit me a little this week.  I tested a new time of hay fever pill and indeed, I don't feel as much zombie as with the other ones. Cool. 

I am also grateful for this moment alone and the slow start of the day. I hate it to be on deadlines in the morning already. 

Who is the last person you saw (outside the core family). 
Oh gosh, since I worked from home yesterday and Jan brought the boys to and from school....I guess it must be the next doors pharmacist who gave me the new type of hay fever pills as well as another neighbour I crossed on the sidewalk when walking to my car. 

What do I hear at this moment? 

First I enjoyed this moment on my own in total silence but all of a sudden the silence was a bit too heavy on me. So I put on Apple Music and it's playing Brian Templeton whome we've heard perform at Blues Peer festival previous weekend. To my shame I have not payed very conscious attention to his concert but Kabouter stumbled upon him on the festival later that day and he came to us to have a selfie and now I am giving his music a second try with some extra attention, since he seems such a nice cool guy.  

What would I want differently on a different screenshot next time? 

hmm not much,  the image is quite perfect at the moment. The sun is shining, I feel energized, I have had loads of social time lately and now balancing that off with some core family and alone time in nature.  Nope, this is it really.
Oh ok I know what, it's a bit chilly at home. I optimistically pulled on some shorts already this morning and I guess I would still have been more comfortable in my homy sweat pants I tend to wear indoors 

What are you going to do when this blogpost is uploaded?

Euh , check the next blogpost that I intend to write on Blankenberge but I assume Jan can come back in with all groceries any moment and then I help first to put them away and set the table for lunch.  

What time is it now? 

It is now 11:56.   Right when I was about to finish, Jan came home so I first put the groceries in the fridge. I worked on this post about 15-20'

Comments

Popular Posts