Distracted

When I feel tired and I didn't have my coffee yet, it happens regularly that the coffee machine in the office (fortunately they are smarter than me) points out that I forgot to place my cup or that I put it on the wrong side.  Ha, point proven then that I really needed that coffee, right?

Today I was phoning some consultant and looked up his phone number out of an e-mail conversation we had had.  Just when I phone him , my mobile starts ringing too. Very annoying.  I quickly glance at the screen of my mobile while I wait for my respondent to pick up.  Much to my surprise it's a local number on my screen....my fixed number.   Yeay, I was phoning myself.

Tonight I first started to set the table for 2 even though Jan has just left on an overseas business trip.  A bit later I was frustrated because the pan warmed so slowly....or not at all. It's hard to warm a pan if you don't turn the stove on.




Comments

Brian Miller said…
hahaha on phoning yourself...may be a sure sign you need more coffee...smiles....i love coffee...
Anonymous said…
Oh E, I can so relate, wait till you have cherubs - it gets even worse!!!

Agggg,

........now, where did I put that child???
Snooker said…
Wow...
It sounds like you need more sleep. I know that is always my problem when I start acting this way.

Besides, what a waste of good coffee.
Goofball said…
@snooker: coffee does not get waisted, since those machines truly are smarter than us "please place your cup"...they remain on strike if you don't act like they expect you to.


@Brian: in my defense: I was not phoning my Belgian mobile that I've been using over the last decade privately + professionally....but an extra Dutch mobile that I only got the last year for my professional contact there.

Popular Posts