Mijn Fuck-it list

I don't have a buck-it list but I've seen a "fuck it " list coming by on several blogs on the past. And since Moederschip denounces Fridays as list-days , I made my little list of things I don't give a fuck about (anymore)


  1. Non-fiction / difficult books
    I see a lot of challenges coming by on reading books and very often there's also a challenge to read non-fiction books or a book with a specific theme or ...

    Frankly I don't read enough. But if a book doesn't have a thrilling story that takes me along in a flow, then it becomes a dread and a struggle.   And why waste time on a struggle. I don't do it anymore.  The little time I spend on books, I'll spend on books I enjoy and read smoothly. Usually that is not big Literature with a capital L.  Nor big topics that work on my development.  

  2. Fashion following
    I'm not a fashion queen and the last years I even notice that a lot of fashion makes me frown my eyes.  Those pleated skirts? Those pants that stop in the middle of your calves? Really? That's so ugly! I guess I'm getting old.  A lot of trends are simply ugly.  And I'll always prioritize comfort above style.  I love that I'm homeworking now and get to wear my sweat pants a lot more :D. 

    Although I enjoy to dress up for a party or so but that isn't necessarily latest fashion.  Just something that makes me feel do some effort so it feels like a non-ordinary day. And after homeworking for months, it's also quite exciting to think what to wear to go back to the office now and then.

    Yet I get the creeps of Instagram posts with the outfit of the day or even worse, comments on what the little children wear with the brand labels next to it. Seriously? Who cares?  I don't.  If you visit me, I probably won't remember after you leave what you've been wearing. 


  3. Reworking pictures before posting on my blog...Gosh I don't even know how?  All that effort would take away the fun of blogging no?  Even my instagram posts hardly ever have a filter on top of them. 


  4. "healthy" lunches / diets. 

    The previous years I tried to lose some kilo's in vain and right now I've given up a bit. My bmi is fine and I try not to have excesses, but seriously I do not want to get into all those food hypes or pointing fingers and blame game or so.  Everything is fine as long is it is not in excess.  And food is so nice to enjoy.  I don't want to take away the joy out of eating by too many restrictions. 

    And I don't fuss about what the children eat either as long as there is each day some fruit and vegetables and dairy products and wheat products.  But their sandwich box to school doesn't get much variation, and they eat cookies and candy and that's fine. 

  5. Sport.   
    Me and sports...we just don't match.  I try to walk a lot (and monitor the steps per day/week/...) and take up a bit of casual bike riding now and then with the family in recent years and I do yoga to ensure I have body movement.  But sports like sweating, heart rate zones, special equipments, ... Nah that's not happening.  Still have to finish that start to run that I started probably about 10 years ago.

  6. Cleaning up toys (each day)... The children will make a mess again the next day anyhow, so if we're not going to clean or if I don't trip (or all of a sudden feel stressed and upset and decide in frustration that this mess needs to go now),  I tiptoe through lego pieces, paw patrol vehicles , a few teddies etc. 

  7. Wearing make-up. 
    When I started to work, I added a lot of make-up as I felt I needed it to look a bit more adult and to be taken seriously.  But I got excema from most brands.  And Jan didn't like make-up much and it is so much easier and quicker in the morning and evening to not wear anything. And then you get used to that.

    Now and then I get a wave of adding some lipstick or so, to just get that little finishing touch, but with face-masks that's a lost effort too.  I was contemplating whether I should add just a bit of mascara now and then. Maybe. Maybe not. Won't me much for sure if I add any.   Most of the time you'll see me without. 


  8. Perfect motherhood:  You might have guessed from the above that my children don't go to school with bento box pinterest lunch boxes. Neither do they have overly limited screen time (but yes, sometimes I say stop it's been enough and screens go off as an obligation).  Since I don't bake, they don't bring  personalized self-made birthday hand-outs to school (unless Jan bakes them).  Right now you can't do that because of Corona and I heard other parents complain that it is so much less personal to buy something and less healthy? Seriously? I am dancing for that rule.  As if the children care. I don't bother for themed birthday parties either...the children want to play and have fun so you need fun games etc regardless if those fit in a theme. 
    I guess I am very no-nonsense in all those things and I don't understand other people put energy in such stuff. 

    I don't know anything about parenting styles and parenting books.  I try to love my children, be consistent, give them attention but I punish them too and I run out of patience regularly. I dare to say sorry to them but I've screamed too.  I don't know what my style is.  I follow my intuition and love for them, I am what I am without need to label it. 

  9. Discussions online: 
    There is such a huge polarisation online.  And any statement seems to trigger opposing views etc.  And I wonder, why do we always need to express our opinions? Why this need to oppose , especially to people we don't even know? Why put energy in it? 

    I try to avoid discussions as much as possible and I am learning also to stop commenting when I am addressed online even by friends. It's just not the good medium to fight online and I stop now and leave the "last word" to the others. 


  10. Following popular bloggers/influencers/ ...

    Since I am a no-nonsens person, I just get irritated by most "popular" influencer.  Just the fact that they wish to "inspire" others, annoyes me. Just live your live. If it is authentic, you will inspire others as a consequence but that should not be an objective. That's where it derails already. 
    I don't need your outfit of the day, your 20th trip this year (ok...there's some jealousy too, I admit), your confidence that your opinion is right for all. 



That might give you the impression I am the perfect imperfectionist. That is so untrue. There is domains like my household where indeed I can let go quite easily and relax without worry of results or how I come across.  However in other domains in my life,  I have a high level of perfectionism and it bothers me in my personal and professional live.  I try to fight it so that makes that I am rather proud of this fuck-it list. it's a good base :D. 


Comments

Anne said…
Leuk lijstje, met plezier gelezen!
Eigenlijk herken ik daar het meeste in, ben het eens met heel veel dingen!
En wat mij betreft, is wandelen ook sport.
Ik moet zeggen dat ik de laatste tijd een beetje de zenuwen krijg van het steeds terugkerende "authentiek" zijn. Maar ik denk dat we op dat vlak ook wel op dezelfde lijn zitten hè, ook qua bloggen. We doen gewoon ons goesting, en doen alleen samenwerkingen voor de lol :-D

Popular Posts