To the Kruidtuin, the gorgeous botanical garden

 Another walk to get out of the house and keep moving... Only Kabouter wanted to join me. I am so grateful for Pokémon. 

We walked through the UNESCO heritage of the Beguinage and continued to the Botanical Garden where I hoped to get another glimpse of the crocuses fields. 


Beguinage






De Kruidtuin - the historical botanical garden in downtown Leuven

Despite the fact we had already visited the garden before with the children, this was a "new" discovery for Kabouter which he ambraced with a lot of enthousiasm and curiosity. We toured each trail and he collected beautiful petals. 




The sunk garden with ...I think Gunther Lamoot (?) reading a book in the back














Much to my disappointment we arrived after the crocus season and the big field was no longer purple but green. 


First I thought the greenhouses were closed to the public but in the end they were open with one-direction traffic.  













Comments

Anne said…
Mooi! Jammer van de krokussen.
Dat lijkt idd Gunter Lamoot te zijn.
Goofball said…
'k was verrast dat die krokussen al 100% weg waren. De weken ervoor waren toch koud en in febr moesten ze nog uitkomen. Boehoe, 'k dacht dat die er langer stonden. Is echt magnifiek als die uitstaan!


ja Gunter Lamoot...ik ben niet vlakbij gepasseerd dus ik ben niet 100% zeker, maar 'k had hele tijd idee "ik ken die, is iemand gekend" maar je kan dat dus niet googlen eh. Na paar dagen viel me naam in.
Multinivelkyani said…
I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing

Popular Posts