We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Coldplay - Clocks

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

I get to follow up to The The with Uncertain smile.   Right away, I was thinking of Toontje Lager with Stiekem gedanst. 

Due the lyrics I could chose: Neneh Cherry with "I've got you under my skin" 


But when listening to Uncertain Smile it was the jazzy energetic piano solo that really jumped out.  And then I thought of more piano songs: 

  • Elton John:  Song for Guy
  • Elton John: I'm still standing
  • Armin van Buuren: I live for that energy
  • Billy Joel: Piano man

But I felt more jazz into it, than just a pop piano so I listened to : 

  • Robert Glasper – “So Beautiful”  (hmm revelation)
  • Nora jones : don't know why
  • Alicia Keys - If I aint got you

But those jazz pianists are all too chill.  I wasn't lounging. This piano solo had a lot more pepper into it. 

I continued to search for songs with piano, with some upbeat rhythm etc...and found it still in England with Coldplay and Clocks. 



Comments

Anne said…
Je pikt er een oud favorietje uit.
De recentere muziek van Coldplay zegt me niets meer, maar dit vind ik nog steeds fantastisch.

Popular Posts