We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: OMI - Cheerleader

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 


The National Anthem by Radiohead was the choice where I needed to keep on turning.  Not quite my cup of tea but that's not necessary to brainstorm and associate.  

My first choice was to continue with the lyrics an that gave me this type of choices

  • Calvin Harris - Feel so close
  • Justin Bieber - Hold on
  • Laura Tesoro - Hold on
  • Adele - Hold on
  • Armin  Van Buuren & Davina Michelle - Hold on

With everyone so close, I could also find songs that described that in other words...eg

  • PJ Morton - Claustrophic
  • The Prodigy - Claustrophobic Sting


Or I could take the route of anthems...many anthems. Each country has an anthem.  But there is many other types eg

Galentis - David Guetta - Little mix : Heartbreak anthem


But in the end I loved the trumpets in the song most and that brought me to these 2 fun songs that cheered me up a lot and I needed some cheering up after this very depressing anthem. 

  • Paul Simon : You can call me all
  • OMI - Cheerleader


And because OMI can always use some more airplay...here's some fun with OMI! 



Comments

Anne said…
Mij compléét onbekend :-)
Goofball said…
@Anne: aaah ik vind het een nummer waar ik zo vrolijk van word

Popular Posts