We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Rihanna - Man down

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible!  


Pink Frost...a new discovery to me.  Anne often surprises me with music choices I don't know. This song had to grow onto me, but I like it.  And I must say we are clearly going downhill here: after a week of feeling the love, we got dumped last week with all the anger and pain it involves...and now what: we just killed someone?  Oops. 

And now we are all cold and frozen.  That could be a path of choice: 

  • Ed sheeran - Shivers
  • Idina menzel - Let it go
  • Madonna - Frozen
  • Maroon 5 - Cold


The atmosphere of the clip reminded me of the Cure : both A Forest and Lullaby crossed my mind. 


But I returned to the murder scene.  Who else has killed?  If you take it in real live, I have to think of Noir Désir but we already had him on our series with Le vent te portera.  Bohémian Rhapsody would be the most obvious choice but maybe too known and too obvious.   So my choice landed with Rihanna. 

  • Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Rihanna - Man down
  • Walk off the earth - Man down



Comments

Popular Posts