We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor : The Buggles - Video killed the radio star

 

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 


Listen to the Radio sang the Atmospherics...was Anne's choice Tuesday.  Immediately I think of the radio...The radio...

  • The Radio's - Sleepless nights or Dreaming about you - tears in the morning
  • Don Williams - Listen to the radio


But I'm intrigued by the atmosphere...the coming home, the late at night, having a cup of coffee in bed.  I contemplate coffee songs: 

  • Hey kopje koffie - VOF De Kunst
  • Buurman - Zoals koffie hoort bij opstaan
  • beherenowmusic - Radio Cologne
  • K's Choice - I'm not an addict (coffee and sigarettes...additions for someone?) 

and voices from Moscow to Cologne remind me of so much (anti) communism songs and also

  • De Kreuners - Mijn laatste sovjet

and all of that is in the night ...that special time when you are awake while most of the world isn't. But you are not alone in the night. 


  • M83 - Midnight city
  • Sting - Moon over Bourbon Street
  • Lionel Richie - All Night Long
  • Whigfield - Saturday Night
  • 5zic - Chilling on my bed (KPop)
  • Faithless - Insomnia
  • Buurman - Sterrenkijker


And the Album from the atmospherics throws me in the nostalgia of my Night of the Proms visits

  • Edward Elgar - Land of Hope and Glory


But I return to the radio as contrast to video . 


Comments

Popular Posts