Fallen trees everywhere in the east of Belgium

I've written it before: on August 18th there was a bit thunderstorm in the east of Belgium that turned into a tornado a bit further. The wind was enormous...quite desastrous for the fire fighters on the High Fenns.

We had already seen the next days immediately that a lot of trees had been hit.  But the size of damage only became clear when I went for a walk one week later.   Everywhere were fallen trees.  I must have passed a few dozen of them. Along one field only there were more than 10. 

It was a lovely sunny walk but it was a bit sad too. Farmers and locals had already done a lot of work to clear of trees of the trails etc, but along the field the entire fence was still broken with all the tree trunks laying on them. 





The regular local Red Kite birds preying over the valley as usual












Comments

Popular Posts