Getting my PADI open water



The next 2 days of my vacation were devoted to upgrading my Scuba diving certificate, which I got last year in India, to the PADI open water certificate.

I had the honor to have an instructor and a divemaster doing his apprenticeship as well, so I was double taken care for :). The course went fairly well except for that horrible exercise of taking my mask off under water. The thought of getting my eyes and nose in the water is somehow more problematic to me than exercises to take my regulator out of my mouth, or even taking my BCD out on the bottom of the sea. But I succeeded to do it the mandatory 5 times. Phewwww, ....but I do admit I need to practise that more until it does not freak me out anymore.

The written exam was a breeze. I did read the theory toroughly because I think it is important. Now I can proudly announce that I was the first one ever that wrote an exam at Blue Paradise with a score of 100%. Woohoo for myself!

So now I am a certified Open water diver! Yeaaaaah.

Comments

Popular Posts