Visiting Beertjes godfather

Even though Beertje is still unaware to concepts of "New Year" and "New Year's letters" and even his godfather, we paid his godfather a visit at the start of this New Year. It's always nice to have a good excuse to go and visit our friends.  It's crazy how little you get to see friends even when they live really closeby.

There were some other godchildren present that afternoon, so we got to listen to their new year's letters and Kabouter ensured he assisted in extra present unwrapping, even though none of the presents were for him.









Beertje enjoyed the quality time with his godfather but at the end of the afternoon he started to whine as it was urgently time for his nap.   We set-up a little baby bed in the bedrooms and I rushed back downstairs to go and get the whining Beertje out of Jan's arms....

BAAAAANGGGGG


I had ran right into their glass living room door and while I saw some little decorations fell of the shelving above the door, I leaned against the wall trying to wonder what had just happened while everyone gathered around me from all directions, worried because of the noise of my crash.

Beertje enjoyed a second breath and started to play again while I tried to grasp my breath again with some refrigerated ice pack on my head.

But fortunately I have a solid head so a little later I could put back the ice pack, reassuring everyone that I was all right and go gently put Beertje in bed for his much needed nap.




the day after

And so all was fine again for a nice evening among friends, with too much good food and a lot of playing friends for our little ones.






Comments

Popular Posts