Count your blessings - May 2018


  1. Getting compliments because people notice I have lost 3kg since my diet
  2. Getting compliments on some new clothes I bought
  3. Spending 3 uninterrupted and undisturbed weeks together with our family of 4  (followed by an additional week that Jan isn't travelling professionally. Woohoo)
  4. Seeing black bears, eagles, deer, ospreys, groundhogs, turtles, ... in the wilderniss
  5. Fresh delicious seafood
  6. Having time to do whatever we want and not do what we don't want, without any obligations
  7. Beertje who starts to develop true little conversations with us and his brother and starts singing songs when we don't expect it (but never when we ask!)
  8. Self-harvesting of vegetables
  9. A chill 'pirate' school festival where everyone can just play and hang out without obligations
  10. Spending time on the beach
  11. Being safe in a nightly hotel evacuation that fortunately turned out to be a false alarm
  12. Meeting an old friend again on the other side of the world
  13. Listening to the eternal babbling of Kabouter
  14. Long hugs with small cute bodies
  15. A sunny drive with not much traffic and a fun contageous song on the radio.



This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts