Not so fit girl

I found this tag with Samajatalk here during the #40dagenbloggen and found it a quite interesting list. Apparently she found it herself at Evi.

What is your favourite cake/pie?
I don't have a very sweet tooth so I don't care too much for pies. The more simple the better in general: if there is choice I'll often take a very traditional one with fresh fruits and vanilla pudding.  If it has to be a little more sophisticated, I'll take a Bavarois, preferably in a little more sour taste (lemon/ raspberry/ ...)
With the car or with the bike when it's raining?
I don't ride my bike. Seriously, my last ride was 4 years ago when I rode back from the bike repair shop where I brought my bike after it had been broken and idle for 2 years in our garden. Since then it's been idle again and I'm sure my tires went flat again.
So when it rains, I walk through the rain for short distances and otherwise I take my car. As I do when it's sunny.
What's your breakfast on a Sunday morning?
We tended to often eat Danish pastries for breakfast on the weekends. Or Jan would bake fresh pancakes with the children. Now that I'm on a diet, I haven't had any pastries anymore (booohooo) and I have to limit my pancakes to a few with diet sweeteners.
So now often my weekend breakfasts are similar to those on week days being a little muesli with yoghurt and fruit or a few slices of bread with diet jam and banana. 
If you could eat anything without any harm to your health, what would you put on your table on a daily basis? 

Oh gosh that is a tough question as I suppose that any food on a daily basis would start to get boring. Except for chips.  Chips are always good. Chips are even good when you feel nausea or illness.

There would also be a lot of pancakes, pastries, pasta, seafood, saucisson, cheeses, fries and croquettes, white choco, 
What was your favourite meal as a child? Is is still the case?
I'm surprised that I'm surprised by this question. I don't know the answer right away. I am not sure I had a strong favourite meal. I am sure I loved spaghetti and macaroni and I still do.

There were also a lot of charcuterie meat assortments that I loved with my food like slices of 'fricandon' and bacon.  Right now we don't buy that anymore but I adore paté. 
What is your favourite dish ‘from a package’?
Supermarket bought lasagna's or pasta's. In the past I also used to have cans of ravioli as quick comfort food but Jan thought they are so gross that I only ate them when I was alone. Now with the children I might as well quickly boil some pasta and add a bowl of tomato sauce with it. 
Instant soup or liters of coffee?
I need a few coffees a day.  I need them to start up (and to battle some dips). They can also be a pleasant break eg when visiting a city and having a break in a coffee shop.
But there is a limit to how much coffee I can drink and my bladder and stomac will both tell me when it was too much.  So it's never going to be liters.

On a cold winter day when you are a bit hungry, a small instant soup can also give some welcoming comfort and warmth.  I always have some packages in my desk drawer at work but they don't empty too quickly.

How do you pimp your coffee?
With lots of milk because black coffee is way to bitter for me. So I prefer lattés or cappucino's or simply coffee with some milk added to it.
Cava of champagne?
Cava because of the better price/quality ratio. 
Netflix orYouTube?
Netflix.  Youtube seems to be full of short little intermezzo's.  I end up on youtube films that are embedded on other sites usually at a moment that I can't watch them (in a waiting room where you need to be silent, in the office, ...) so I actually find them often irritating.

Netflix is however a conscious choice to take a moment and watch a series. That's way more fun. I can't think of much content on Youtube where I'd sit down and spend an hour watching. But then again, I probably didn't explore it enough, besides looking up "Made in Belgium" music video's.
Wat is je favoriete fast food keten?
Quick, purely out of an old loyalty as a teenager for a "Belgian" chain.  But I haven't been there in years. Recently I had a few visits as we visit it with all the colleagues a few times a year when we organise a "Fat Friday" lunch. 
As a Belgian, where do you think the best fries shop is located?
I hope it's one of those that are located within 400m from our house. But I wouldn't know "the best" one to be honest. If they are good, they are good enough. 
A hotel breakfast buffet or high tea?
Easy choice. A good breakfast buffet is an essential part of a get-away experience and a stay in a hotel. It's about having the choice and all the options you don't have at home or you never prepare at home.

High tea...since I don't have a sweet tooth and not a huge tea lover...well let's say that's not my cup of tea
All you can eat sushi of all you can eat pizza?
All you can eat sushi. Pizza is fun once in a while, but I don't need all you can eat sushi. I can't eat much pizza , finishing one normal pizza is challenging enough. 
Cheese- or chocolatefondue?
Since I don't eat chocolate, this is not really a dilemma either. And cheese is always good!  (unless you are on a diet :() 
What is your favourite chill outfit?
Sweatpants, T-shirt and sweatshirt and moccasins. Always when I'm home and don't need to get out anymore.
Favorite comfort food when you're ill?
It depends on the illness of course.  Sometimes you guininely don't want to eat.  But if I need comfort food because I have a head ache and I'm drop dead tired, it'll be quick pasta (ha, that can of ravioli would come in easy) or fries and chips. 
What is your most unhealthy eating habit?
Before I was on a diet, I tended to snack almost daily on a handful chips (yet I never finish a bag...I can eat one week on a big bag...but I want just that handful regularly. I also used to have white choco as almost daily breakfast.

What is the most gross vegetable?
There are a lot of vegetables I dislike but there's one that I can't swallow at all and that's salsify. yikes, I choke. I do.
Compare yourself to a lazy animal?
A cat snoozing on some else's bed in the sun. 
Do you drink softdrinks?
Oh yes, I don't like to drink water with my meals so I drink Coke Zero, Schweppes Zero, ... 
Did you like Gym in school?
No I didn't, it was my worst scoring subject in school. I'm not flexible, I don't have endurance, I don't have an interest to do sports. I still don't.
What's your favourit sports?
Scuba diving and yoga
How do you enjoy swimming?
I don't. It sucks when you have to stay at the surface.  I do all the movements and don't seem to progress forward which is very annoying and tiring.
Can you touch your mouth with your toes?
Are you kidding me?  The fact that some people would be able to do so, is fake news.
How many steps do you take per day on average?
5500.   On working days I hardly move at all, but I tend to catch up in the weekends, when we tend to do a lot of walking.
What's your opinion on an electric bike?
It's maybe the only opportunity to get me on a bike again
If heaven would exist, what would be on the menu?
A seafood platter.  And a nacho platter

Comments

yab said…
Allez, zeg, geen schorseneren. Da's één van mijn favoriete groenten. :-(

Popular Posts