Music Flashback: 99 Luftballons - Nena

Previous week we dove into the 80ies and I'm still stuck there.  Give me the big hairstyles, the dark eyeshadow.

I don't have a clear memory of the time that 99 Luftballons had been a big hit, yet I seem to remember it always. I believe my German cousin loved it very much but I might confuse it with Ein Bischen Frieden from Nicole in the same time period.

I do have a very vivid memory that we had to learn the song in our German class in high school. It's been the only lesson in those 3 years of German that had been interesting. When studying for my exams, Nena has played non stop and I've spent hours memorising the lyrics as that was more fun to do than memorising any other part of my course.




So I still suck in German
But turn on the radio for me with Nena and I guarentee you I start singing along in loud voice with a lot of conviction. And then I hit repeat if possible. And repeat.

Streichholz und Benzinkanister Hielten sich fuer schlaue Leute...

...Ich sehe die Welt in Trümmern liegen. Hab 'nen Luftballon gefunden. Denk an dich und lass' ihn fliegen....

Comments

Popular Posts