That kind of a day


  • Beertje woke me up at 3 AM after probably some kind of nightmare or so.
    Beertje woke me up at 3.18 AM again when I had just sunk back asleep...clearly he didn't manage to go back to sleep.  After another try, Beertje woke me up at 3.35 AM yelling he wanted to be in our big bed. Jan grumbled that I should go and get him.

    Reluctantly I went to get him and brought him down to our bedroom. This is the first time ever I bring a child back into our bed since they moved out the baby bed . I feared we'd not sleep like this but then again I felt desperate if he'd yell a few more times and I'd walk up and down a few more times as well. 
  • At 4 AM I was going crazy...the little body crawled up against me seemed asleep, so was Jan but I couldn't move, I had no room to place my arm, I was too hot with the extra body layer against me...
    At 4.30 AM I gave up and descended to go and drink some hot milk and do a breathing exercise to relax and stop thinking about the sleep I was missing.  I probably dozed off around 4.45 again . 
  • Jan's alarm went off at 5.30...waking me up again while he had to get ready to leave the house really early.   Mine went off at 6.30  with a little Beertje still happily sound asleep next to me. I felt wrecked.
  • When getting ready to get to school, Beertje apparently lost his fluo jacket the day before.  It was nowhere to be found, neither at the lost and found section at school.
  • At work we'd have a work session all day to work on some new tool workflow. I had sent out "how to" documents to my colleagues that signal the importance of executing the steps in the right order.
    But upon my arrival at 9AM, someone had eagerly already "bulk accepted" a whole worklist while he shouldn't have done so. As a result, it first had to be reinitialised in the backend. 
  • In a brief small stand-up meeting someone mentioned something about ecological measures and all of a sudden we found ourselves into a climate debate where everyone always immediately seems to dig his opinion in some trenches.  (maybe that was my feeling because I was in a bad mood...but gosh, everyone is so touchy on the subject).
  • A supplier rejected in their product information portal some of our product data for a non-wood window category because the wood origin field was not filled in.  ....I repeat: someone rejected product data requiring us to make a correction to fill in the wood origin of a non-wood window. 



Anyway, by 10.30 the loads of coffee slowly started to function and no more new annoyances appeared so slowly everything turned alright after all.   No colleagues, customers or relatives were killed in the process. The afternoon was quite productive and pleasant and rereading the list above now feels exaggerated.  Yet...it was truly an irritating struggle this morning. One of those days...

I promise to go to bed early tonight so I can be my cheerful self next morning.  (hahaha, me and cheerful when the alarm clock rings...you wish).

Comments

Els said…
no toddlers here to keep me from sleep but often too many thoughts and a snorring husband can keep me awake too (thank heaven for coffee at the office)

Popular Posts