We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor : Dust in the wind - Kansas

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 


Following my Dancing on the streets from previous week, Anne chose Street Spirit (Fade out) by Radiohead.  The title didn't ring a bell until I played the song. Of course I knew it and I loved it. It is so mesmerizing, it is sad and reflecting and it sticks to the soul. 

Rather than jumping to new conclusions right away, often based on words, I forced myself to listen to the music a couple of times and absorb well.  The guitar intro jumped out to me. It is so gently, almost like piano playing. I picture the fingers strumming across the chords. 

So I wanted to find a song with a similar guitar intro...no hard play but strumming the musical notes.  I was hard to come up with something out of the blue like that.
Hotel California - The Eagles was a candidate.
Ik ben zo eenzaam zonder jou - Will Tura crossed my mind. 
Nothing else matters - Metallica would have been quite good. 


But a youtube tutorial to play Dust in the wind on guitar brought me to my chose.  It matches the pace, the atmosphere etc even though it's quite different.   But one day we all fade out until we're just dust in the wind. 

Comments

Popular Posts