Count your blessings - October 2020

  1. A new government , finally, that wants to show more respect and collaboration. Hurray for that. No genuinely, I am happy for that.
  2. Driving by a pond at the moment of a great sunset and seeing its reflection
  3. Ave Maria - Caccini
  4. Listening to live flute and organ music in church
  5. Eavesdropping while Kabouter and Beertje brotherly collaborate to make a new Lego piece together, with Beertje in the role of inventorying the pieces and handing them on time while his bigger brother patiently explains the next steps
  6. Listening to my father's playlist as a warm little blanket over me... 
  7. A week with a bit more sleep again after struggling for a while (and then a tough week again and then waking up once more realizing you had a really great night of sleep)
  8. More homeworking when I needed it (because of lack of energy)
  9. New stricter pandemic rules when our society  needed it so badly
  10. Fresh tomato soup
  11. Coach meetings that are walks in the woods
  12.  Rare drives to my mother without traffic jams
  13. Getting almost caught up with my feed reader
  14. The mute / block etc function on social media...used it a lot this month
  15. Coffee and our good coffee machine at home
  16. Autumn forests
  17. Snoozing half awake in my warm soft comfy nest that my bed has become each morning
  18. Getting unexpected FaceTime call from my Canadian mom
  19. Jan facing the pouring rain to walk to the bakery on Sunday morning to bring us fresh bread and breakfast pastries
  20. Parking my car and knowing I don't need to take it anywhere in the upcoming 10 days.


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  

As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts