We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: C'est mon bâteau - Jo Lemaire

 

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 


So I probably killed the atmosphere little last week when posting Frank Boeijen and touched upon mourning and goodbye. It inspired Anne to search and continue in the tristesse atmosphere and she found the lovely River Man by Nick Drake.  Once again she gave me something I had never heard off before.  But very beautiful. 

Immediately I thought of The River from Bruce Springsteen but I'm not a fan of the Boss so I'm not going to post that.   I explored other river options. 

  • The river - Bruce Springsteen
  • L'isola - Angelo Branduardi 
  • Bridge over Troubled water - Simon and Garfunkel
  • By the rivers of Babylon - Boney M / Bob Marley
  • C'est mon bateau - Jo lemaire


Since River is maybe an obvious jump I also looked into playing with Nick Drake's name but beside the other Drake (ugh to monotoneous mumbling) I couldn't find any dragon type singers right away.  

Rocket man - Elton John as an answer to River man also crossed my mind. 



But I chose for Jo Lemaire anyhow...She's an undervalued Belgian talent and the song is so full of atmosphere. Just close your eyes and dream away. It is vacation, it is sunny, we have a lazy day, we are zen...






Comments

Anne said…
Prachtig nummer, altijd graag gehoord. Zoals veel andere nummers van Jo Lemaire. Mooie keuze.

Popular Posts