We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor : Sitting on the dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

 

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 


I was watching Anne's choice last Tuesday of Motorpsycho with Go to California.

Motorpsycho...it sounds like it's going to be hardcore hard rock but that's not the case.  I opened the video and saw the beach, surf boards, and funny moving people. My head started spinning.

The first obvious thing coming by was The Beach Boys. With surfing USA , I'd nail it ...surfing, beach, USA, ... But I wasn't in the mood for the Beach Boys. 

For those funny moves, maybe I could find a fun video from Monthy Python. But in the end I don't know so much about Monthy Python and linking a video to them just because Motorpsycho has some funny moves in their video is maybe far fetched. 

California...
California Dreaming - the mama's and the papa's
California - Lana Del Ray
Hotel California - The Eagles

Maybe I didn't need "California" as such, but its cities such as LA or San Francisco or ..
When you're going to San Francisco - Scot Mc Kenzie
Fake tales of San Francisco - Arctic Monkeys

...

or we can sit in the morning sun on the dock of the Bay
and I get flashbacks to my walks with a baby Kabouter on my belly, along the Bay while Jan was working, flashbacks to the sea lions on pier 39
flashbacks to many view on the Golden Gate Bridge,
the many facetime calls when Jan was working in pre-corona times in SF and I was soloparenting the children at home...


Because sometimes Go to California means to be headed for Frisco Bay...in order to sit on the dock of the Bay


Comments

Anne said…
Schoontje. Ik laat er een schoontje op volgen, volgende dinsdag.

Popular Posts