We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Goose - British Mode

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 

After Christmas Eve, I have the doubtfull honor to provide you with some music on this strange New Year's Eve as well. That adds a little pressure I must admit.   When Anne chose Sunflower by Paul Weller on Tuesday I enjoyed the guitars and the rhythm in the song.  It was clear to me that I wanted some of that guitar energy on New Year's Eve but preferable dancable guitars.  Let's have a weird party after and do some solo dances in our living rooms. 

Right away I thought of 2 party classics that lauch me on the dance floor without any doubt: 

  • Temple of love - Sisters of Mercy
  • I can't live in a livingroom   - Red Zebra
Ha with Red Zebra I could write a whole theory how we had to live so much more in the living room this year than we had intended.  But that would be rather negative and the links were a bit far fetched. 
Same for most songs in my "energy" playlist e.g. 

  • Papillon - Editors
  • Sud's & Soda - dEUS


Searching on the lyrics brought me to "Don't care" - justin bieber and Ed sheeran.  Euhm no... still rather have guitars.  Missing you lyrics brought me too many cheesy love ballads.  

Ok Sunflower...why not a song title about a flower.  There must be plenty...Yep there is even an top 100 of them but they are either ballads again or obscure or ugly songs. Trust me, I tried most of them. 


Fine, let's stick to the energetic danceable guitars...and then I stumbled upon Goose.   And they focus on a British Mode which links well with the Britpop Anne just served.  A Belgian band serving British Mode on the eve of the Brexit...Sounds perfect,   a good alternative if the real britpop gets issues crossing the Channel as of tomorrow ;).
And the turning camera's in the video clip also link back nicely to the camera work of Paul Weller.


So ...shake off your heads and dance in your living room into 2021. Have a great New Year. 



Comments

Popular Posts