We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: UB40 - Chery oh baby

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

So Anne chose Neneh Cherry with Buddy X. Not a song that I know from Neneh Cherry. There are others that I prefer.   So what to choose now?

First thing that came to mind was Eagle-Eye Cherry, her brother. But that seemed too easy. 
I also had a very strong urge to use Yousn'Dour and Neneh Cherry's "7 seconds" itself or use it as lead.  Eg to Yousn'd Dour & Axelle Red's duet "La Cour des grands".   But I wasn't in the mood for a soccer song. 

No...I wanted to search for fruit. 

  • The cranberries
  • Bananarama
  • Water melon sugar - harry styles
  • Peaches - The presidents of the United States
  • Aardbeien in januari - RIET
  • Het krieken van de dag - Eva De Roovere & Gerry De Mol 


or I could dig further into friendships

  • Toontje Lager - Vriendschap
  • Joe Cocker  : With the help of our friends


None of it was satisfying so I went back to the fruit and considered to take Chérie - Eddy Wally. What a classic.  But what a parodie on its own as well. I try to only choose songs and performers that I respect. Well Eddy Wally surely was an artist pur sang but he also was an example of Belgium's absurdism. 


And then all of sudden it was there...my cherries ...brought to you by UB40. 



Comments

Popular Posts