We are harvesting again

In wintertime the harvesting slows down to a standstill and also the milking of the cows stops for a few months. We must be honest: it's mostly the bi-weekly pick-up schedule of our dairy package that triggers harvesting the vegetables.  

But now there is dairy again, there are calves and there are mostly green leaves vegetables to harvest.  I've been making for over a month delicious chervil soup over and over (ha finally learning to live better with the vegetables of the season. ). 




It's always fun to go and say hi to the animals again. 




From the strict lockdown in 2020 I remember the many many walks to the farm and the glorious blossoms. This year they are a bit later but finally they are back. And there seems less of instagram walkers coming by again, we are back to the regular farm members coming to harvest. 









I still enjoy to pick and choose and walk my own fresh vegetables home and prepare what I harvested myself. 












Comments

Anne said…
Zalig :-)

Popular Posts