We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Manu Chao : La primavera + Me gustas tu

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.


On Tuesday Anne was drinking in LA and I immediately suspected she was robbing the liquor store by The Scabs.  There's numerous drinking songs and I considered the following: 

  • Robbing the liquor store - The Scabs
  • irish drinking songs
  • Why I drink - Alanis Morissette
  • Drunk - Ed Sheeran


But that was so easy so I also considered doing something with LA.  That also inspires sufficiently, especially if google is your help: 

  • San francisco - Scott Mc Kenzie
  • Venice - She's always a woman to me
  • Santa monica - Savage Garden
  • Mulholland - James Blake
  • Franky goes to Hollywood 


But all of that is either the drinking or the Californian city and I wanted a combination of both. I even searched for cocktails that are inspired in LA that would come back in songs but I got so sidetracked in loads of things that I was giving this too much time and if it takes too much time to find a link...all of them seem bleeeeh. 

(I even thought that Tequile Sunrise should be a Florida coctail because of the ocean's orientation). 

Anyway, time to get a reset in my thinking. I listened to the song a few more times and then it struck me: the radio DJ talking through the song.   That's something Manu Chao is doing as well with his radio Bemba sound.  So here it is.  Aaaah I love Manu. Chao. 



Comments

Popular Posts