We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor : Daan - La Crise

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

Dead Man Ray with Chemical. That's where we were left of on Tuesday.  Aah great song.  Very distinct voice of Daan.  

The clear alarm clock sound at the start of the song, reminded me of Axelle Red with Ce matin. But the atmosphere of the 2 songs is too different and too clashing.

At one point the song pretents to take a new start with a bit of good resolutions that will not last long.  I googled some text lyrics to find more good resolutions

  • INXS - Strange desire
  • Shakira - Good stuff
  • Millionaire - one two three

The chemical nation reminded me we take pills to sleep, to wake up , to be happy, to calm down, ... and I found these songs about our pill taking habits

  • Marilyn Manson - Chemical white
  • Lil Jon - Da Blow
  • Pink - Just like a pill
  • Charlotte martin - Pills


Chemical itself made me explore the great hits by the Chemical Brothers a bit. 

  • The Chemical Brothers - Galvanize
  • The Chemical Brothers - Hey boy, hey girl


But in the end I wasn't in the mood for any of that and I resorted back to Daan, whome I love as solo artist as well. I chose not his biggest hit but "La Crise".  
- Because we are in a global crisis again and again the polarisation and blaming is all over the place

- Because I love the video clip where the masks visualisation has clear inspiration by Ensor and Magritte. As a graphic artist, Daan knows his sources.  And since this video pre-dates La Casa del Papel, all of a sudden I wonder if the creators of this hit series on Netflix would have been inspired by Daan? 

- Because this song makes me strangely happy and wanting to dance the sirtaki, even it isn't a happy song. But it makes me so happy. It goes on repeat every single time and I wave my arms in the air or I clap along.  Haaaa, it makes me wanting to travel again and visit Greece again...to be on a tourist trap terrace in the evening where some local sirtaki group comes to show off all tourist clichés. 


Enjoy...La Crise





Comments

Anne said…
Zalig nummer, zalig clipje. (weer zo eentje dat ik nooit eerder zag)
Goofball said…
@Anne: Ah die clip ken ik al wel al lang en ik vind het top. Echt Belgische schilderkunst.

Popular Posts