Count your blessings - July 2021

  1. Time to read books.  Truly getting back into the habit to read  more regularly each week 
  2. Jan, my sister, myself and some friends all getting our 2nd dose of our Covid vaccinations
  3. Feeling the pain and fatigue of that vaccination ease away after 24h and returning to normal energy levels. Yeay.
  4. So many fundraisers and aid and help actions after the catastrophe in the east of Belgium.  Heart-warming solidarity
  5. Reading a book start to finish in 24h
  6. One of my best friends driving all the way to Leuven and spend some time with Kabouter in quarantine, listening to him reading silly jokes from his joke book to entertain him when he was bored
  7. Going out for a yummie lunch with that same friend and catch up in the sun.
  8. Beertje having a day of fever but having a negative PCR test
  9. Kabouter getting sent into quarantine after a high risk contact but having 2 negative PCR tests
  10. A day of homeworking from the east of Belgium
  11. Riding my bike behind my 2 little boys, peddling away with enthusiasm
  12. My boys yelling hello to all other people on the road and so many people smiling, laughing or yelling back that they were doing well
  13. Kabouter being able to leave on his scouts camp after I had doubt that his PCR test would be negative because he was coughing (and after so many camps were cancelled due to flooded fields etc.)
  14. Playing mini golf
  15. A big pot of delicious mussels
  16. A more quiet period at work where we succeeded in bringing down the backlog before activity picks up again in August
  17. A night of more than 8h sleep or a night with lots of deep sleep.
  18. A new season of Atypical on Netflix
  19. pancakes as breakfast



This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Anne said…
Hahaha die jongens die iedereen luidkeels begroeten, schitterend! Leuk wat een enthousiasme je dan vaak terugkrijgt hè :-)
Zag ik ook al vaak tijdens de Tour. Staat daar zo'n klein mannetje enthousiast te zwaaien, dan zwaait zelfs de meest stuurse Franse gemotoriseerde agent terug. Love it :-)
Goofball said…
@Anne: maar dat is echt zo aanstekelijk eh. Je ziet al die mensen zo in de lach schieten enz en je loopt daar dan zo achter met een grote grijns. En als ht op de fiets is , zijn er echt zo veel van "goed bezig mannen" "hup hup, goed trappen eh". enz. Zalig.
Isa said…
Reading books is by far the best thing about the holidays!!
Goofball said…
@Isa: yes but I'm starting to read outside of my holidays again as well

Popular Posts