We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: NENA - 99 luftballons

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.


Anne didn't get home last Tuesday.   Instead she got lost 2000 light years from home. Yikes, how far and how lonely. That triggered the question " Is er leven op Pluto?" from Het Goed Doel.   But in the end that text is far focussed on the countries on the world, evaluating the quality of life in each of them.  

To me "The only way is up" (Jazz)....but I ended up a bit lower than 2000 light years from home.   A lot of balloons can cause already sufficient distress up there. 


I love this song so much. I studied it in my German class and it's probably the only hour of German that I have enjoyed and that I was motivated to study.  So I ended up playing this song over and over and studying the lyrics word by word by heart.  I love to articulate my mouth extensively to mimic the German sound well.

So here I go...will you sing along? 



Comments

Anne said…
Yep, ik zing mee. Net als jij ken ik dit nummer woord voor woord uit het hoofd :-)
Eigenlijk de hele LP zelfs. Ik was er echt stekezot van. Toen we vanaf het 5e middelbaar Duits hadden, had ik zelfs een voorsprong omdat ik me zo in de teksten van Nena verdiept had. Ik kon het niet meer verprutsen bij onze leraar Duits! :-) (zalige vent was dat, echt zo'n figuur die je nooit meer vergeet)
Goofball said…
@Anne: mijn leerkracht Duits was eerder het uitgebluste type dat op elke vraag die we stelden "zoek dat op in de woordenboek eh, dat moet ik toch ook doen".

Popular Posts