We keep on turning #wedraaien door: Soul II Soul - Back To Life (However Do You Want Me)

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.


Anne chose De La Soul this week from 1989.   Very typical for that time : baggy clothes, urban music, lots of oversized gold necklaces, dancing which was mostly bending one's knees etc.

I thought of 

  • Soulsister: 
  • Soulwax: NY excuse remix

or the queen of Soul: Aretha franklin: 

I explored a bit music that was reflectif of myself ...

  • ZAZ : effet miroir
  • Ed Sheeran: Save myself
  • Billy Idol: dancing with myself
  • BeyoncĂ©: Me myself and I
  • Avicii: Talk to myself


But in the end I just stayed with that other band with soul with urban music in 1989: Soul II Soul.  Just more of the same hitparade. 


Comments

Popular Posts