We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Dani Klein & Tony Hadley - Stay with me

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 

Whaaaa Anne catapulted me back in my memories to the many Night of the Proms concerts I attended.  Back in my teenage and student years, I was a Night of the Proms groupie.  Me and my friend attended in the 90ies so many of them, assured we were in Antwerp at the moment the doors opened and then raced with many others into the hallway into the main floor as fast as we could to end up on the first row.  Our strategy was always effective as we were good racers and then we stood there for another couple of hours waiting until the entire show would start.  

But on that first row, is where I've seen Spandaw Ballet performing Gold in 1996. Well, not Spandaw Ballet but Tony Hadley.  We sang along in a rain of glitter gold confetti raining down on us. I found them in my clothes and on the bathroom floor the days after. 

Gold (gold)

Always believe in your soul

You've got the power to know

You're indestructable

Aaaaaah the Night of the Proms CD's that I've played 100 thousand times, where would they be. Thankx to Anne, I put on a youtube series of that night and hence my next choice... Always a good opportunity to feature such a great artist as Dani Klein! With a bit of luck it's recorded the night I was there, singing along on the first row.  Can you spot me? 





Oh and here's the link to Vaya Con Dios clip of this song which features if Eddie Wally if you pay attention. Pretty cool too. 

Comments

Popular Posts