We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible!


Watch the video clip, Anne tipped me when we were chatting about our next #wedraaiendoor choices. So I did, multiple times. Indeed the clip of the Romantics is rather odd and dreamy.  Lots of sleep associations came up: 

  • De Kreuners: maak me wakker als je gaat
  • Clouseau : Anne
  • Whiz Khalifa: No sleep
  • dj tiesto: c'mon 


But in the clip I was mostly intreagued by the women's nightwear...all robes and all in white and red.  Hmm I don't quite sleep like that, but thank goodness I'm not in video clip either.   In my mind I searched for a video clip that I vaguely had in my mind with lots of white sheets.   I searched a bit eg. 

  • Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, ft. Kylie Minogue - Where The Wild Roses Grow 
  • The Moody Blues - Nights in white satin

but in the end I found that Kate Bush had the best fit dancing in her white dress in the fog. It fits the weird atmosphere of the Romantics video clip.... Oddly enough, I found her official clip with a red dress. Strange.  A little searching revealed she has 2 official clips for Wuthering Heights: the white dress version I wanted but also a red dress version... And coincidentally those are the 2 colours of all nightwear in the clip of the Romantics.  So here you get both video clips. 




Comments

Anne said…
Ik herinner me vooral de rode versie uit mijn kinderjaren. (mijn middelste zus was hier zot van)
Goofball said…
ah nee ik was dus echt op zoek naar die witte versie

Popular Posts