Count your blessings - January 2022

  • Spotting large groups of cranes migrating late this winter, while I figured I had entirely missed this falls  migration.  But apparently there was a late Christmas migration group. 
  • Starting the year with snow weekends in the east of Belgium
  • Brainstorming with Anne on new music for #wedraaiendoor 
  • Finding all of a sudden the perfect follow-up for #wedraaiendoor after a few days of lacking inspiration and then listening to inspired playlists for the rest of the day
  • Carrying Beertje in my arms to bed, cheek to cheek
  • Observing Jan who's doing a funny voice-over on some nature documentary with penguins,  making up weird characters and stories while the children are rolling over the floor from laughter. 
  • A snowball fight
  • Stromae releasing new genius songs that give chills
  • Pink sunrises
  • The children returning to school with a lot of excitement
  • Finding an original present for a kid's birthday party that turns out such a big hit that you get several thank you messages afterwards. 
  • Jan and Kabouter doing math homework together
  • Getting a new manager that was my listening ear already in the past and who is empathic and shows decision power...I'm happy
  • Beertje being super calm and sweet when his class closed and he had to keep himself entertained while we were working all week. 
  • Singing #likeme songs with the children
  • Getting a new cleaning lady
  • Going for a brisk walk
  • Working with a long stretched out lazy cat sleeping next you on the bed
  • Catching up with my sister
  • Driving on the ringroad of Brussels in the 2nd half of January and not being in a autosalon traffic jam.  2nd year for the win! 
  • Our Texan friends, now living in the Netherlands, visiting again


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts