The car confession tag
I stole this tag from Levelieze who posted it already in 2018
Do you have a car and why?
Because I need to commute to work, commute to our house in the east of Belgium and to visit family. I would be able to do the first by public transport but not the last ones. But as a family of 4, public transport is quite expensive as well ...although I must admit I do a false comparison with a company car.
Because I must correct myself: do you have a car ... no I don't own a car, only owned a car for 1 month in my life. I've had the luxury of having a company car available my entire professional life.
And I'm aware that this luxury allows me to ignore the true costs of car ownership (especially with the current gas prices) and having therefore no incentive to reduce my placements.
Fortunately I dislike car driving a lot, so I am as a matter of fact very happy to park my car at the end of the weekend eg returning from the east of Belgium and knowing that I'll work at home the entire week not touching it at all.
What was your first car?
A Volkswagen golf.
Did you ever have an accident?
Yes multiple small ones. I damaged a couple of them leaving parking lots for some reason. That first car during my first job got a big scratch in the NL when I worked in The Hague and misjudged the turn out of a public parking lot...and I scratched strongly from a little wall.
Many years later, I was once in a rush to leave work for some urgent appointment and I was in the midst of a demanding project. I clearly was absentmindetly, backed up from the parking lot from my work and in a moment of blacked out mind, completely forgot there was another row of parked cars behind me...so I backed up right in the door of a colleagues' car leaving a huge dent in his car.
Twice however others bumped in slightly in my back, when I was waiting on a T-section to pull in to the other road, but I clearly wait longer than the ones behind me anticipated I would.
Does your car have a nickname?
Gosh no? Why on earth would you give it a nickname?
Did you ever have a flat tire?
No fortunately not. I wouldn't know how to fix it, I'm afraid.
In which car do you drive in 10 years?
An electric. And that will be rather soon. Hopefully our electric infrastructure will turn green very soon.
How often do you wash your car?
Hmm do I dare to give an honest answer?
Let's say that I'm convinced you either must wash it weekly to keep it totally clean all the time, but if you don't, within a few days you'll lose that shiny look. And then it's really not urgent to wash it again, you are just among the thousands of other cars with some dust and dirt on them. As long as you don't risk getting your clothes dirty by accidently swiping against the car door, you are ok. If your hands or clothes risk getting dirty, it is time to wash. Let's say that's twice a year max.
Which of the 3 can you miss best: airco, automatic or 5 doors?
An automatic, since I'm still driving a standard where I shift gears manually.
What is the most difficult: turning in the street, parallel parking or starting at a slope?
Parallel parking, although I need to do it quite regularly just to park at home and I can do it perfectly...but not if someone is waiting behind me or with talking passengers or so. I need to concentrate, and a remark or gesture at the wrong moment throws me off and I've pulled over too much or too little.
Since when do you own your driver's licence?
I didn't go for it right away when I was 18...well on that moment I lived in Canada on a youth exchange and according to the rules, I wasn't allowed to drive then. Then I first started to study, so I guess I was about 21 when I got my driver's licence.
Comments
Gevolg: onze auto is bijna altijd vuil.
(heb nooit begrepen waarom ze daar zijn gaan bouwen, ze hadden veel beter in het industriepark aan de E17 gezeten)
(ik vond het wel grappig, moet ik toegeven)