Are you a digital shopper meme?


What were your 3 last online purchases? 

Some gifts for father's day, Jan's birthday and party decorations. (if we don't count food delivery orders and regular groceries).  


What are your 5 favourite online shops (even if you've not bought there anything yet). 

Poooh 5 shops?  I guess I shop mostly at Bol.com or Coolblue.  Sometimes I search out of principle to Belgian webshops (eg the party decorations from a nearby balloon/decoration store) but it's hard to find good Belgian webshops.  Seriously, the Dutch took over the entire web. 

But 5 favourites...I'm not a person who has a lot of favourites that she hypes. Definitely not clothing stores, if this is implied by the makers of this question. I don't shop clothes online.   

What was your ultimate”online shopping” experience?

Christ, another one of those questions...Euh just smooth choosing, clear website and the goods being delivered on time with good track & trace.  What else? 

Eg Jan was abroad once and I was solo parenting a week and I realized that Beertje would attend a birthday party rather last minute before bed-time 30h in advance. I booked some toy in bed on my phone on bol.com, had it delivered the next day and the day after Beertje could hand it to his friend.  That was a relief.  But out of principle, I don't think all goods should be shipped asap (or that service should really cost more). 

What was your biggest shopping let-down? 

For a while during the pandemic, that was the Carrefour website for running errands. It crashed, it's search didn't fonction properly anymore, it gave errors when checking out and their delivery wasn't reliable.  

Do you like to just browse through random shopping sites?

Nope I don't.

What is the type of purchase you do online most? 

Groceries, toys & surprises for the children (how did our parents arrange Sinterklaas before ecommerce???),  atypical products I don't find in grocery store like gadgets etc.   And then sometimes if I don't have time (anymore) to get into an actual store to search for something, I've bought books, tools, ... We do order children's clothes online from a brand they often wear so we can guess quality and sizes well. 

Do you tend to forget what you started to shop for?

Nope, not at all. Which doesn't mean I never add additional things to my basket. 

Do you ever pay attention to the e-store domain or URL?

Yes, I browse to stores myself typing the URL or googling the brand/store site. I've never clicked through from adds or social media.  I often search contact pages and check out who is the owner and where the store is located if I don't know the site  (hence I find that half of the ....be stores are in Dutch ownership). 


How fast do you actually decide to buy something?

That can take days if there is no urgency. For electronics and technical tools, I do research & comparison.  Toys go quickly (and the children have managed to learn how to make wishlists at Bol.com.) 


Comments

Popular Posts