Count your blessings - June 2022
- My orchid in flower again
- Getting the pictures of the many super cool activities that the children do with school (break baking workshops, making a vegetable garden, camping at a farm, swimming, theme weeks about foreign countries, ...)
- Rain so much needed by nature
- A day of volunteering work of choice with colleagues organized by my employer during business hours
- Hanging out with friends at a festival
- Eating chips
- Our new solar screens protecting our house windows better against the heat
- Sitting in the garden late on a summer night with a glass off wine to chill down after a hot day
- An ice cube machine...one of those purchases Jan makes out of the blue and I roll my eyes and eventually I do enjoy them.
- An outdoor yoga class in the garden
- Walking back at bedtime on one of the year's longest days during sunset through the gorgeous beguinage
- Feeling well-supported by my manager and peers in heated, painful discussions at work.
- Feeling growth in my own management style, more confidence and peace of mind in comparison with previous years
- Cooler nights that follow after a few hot nights...so nice to crawl under the duvet again and try to get some better sleep
- Our growing tomatoplants in the garden and my flowers
- Spicy coated peanuts at work
- The boys sneaking down from the stairs in the morning together, trying to be silent for us. How considerate
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link