We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Wim Sonneveld - Het Dorp

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

 

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 


We were surprised that Anne has managed to only select Crowded House twice in our series up till now, but last Tuesday they were featured again with Tall Trees. 

I listend to the text and got a lot of visions of tall trees, the beach, nostalgia.  First I focussed on the beach with: 

  • 2 meisjes op het strand - Raymond
  • Aan het strand van Oostende - Gunther Neefs

There is also literally a song about tall trees in Dutch: 

Hoge Bomen - Karen Damen  of Peter Van Laet


But clearly I was somewhere on a Dutch track and I knew there was a song that pictured a trail with tall trees and a house. I took a moment before  I know which song I was thinking off, but then I found it: 

Het dorp - Wim Sonneveld



Comments

Anne said…
Een schoontje met herinneringen uit mijn kindertijd. (mijn grootmoeder was hier zot van)

Popular Posts