We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: El tatoo del tigre - Much Emocion

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 

 

I have searched so long to find an appropriate follow-up to Mink Deville . Fortunately Anne and I are often weeks ahead of our planning so we can afford now and then to take our time. 

So I wanted the latin vibe, the energy, the tendency to dance, but also coppers. 

Latin inspiration is easy...Latin music industry is huge but mostly unknown to me and also very often so cheesy and bleh.  But Juanes always makes me happy but it's too much a pop-song compared to Mink Deville

  • Enrique Iglesias - Duele el Corazon
  • Juanes - La camisa negra

I also played a lot of salsa songs

  • Marc Anthony - Vivir mi vida


Maybe the text of heartbreak should be something but the assortment of songs about broken hearts is also immense. 

  • Elvis - Heart break hotel
  • REM - Everything hurts 
  • Nazareth - love hurts
  • Lewis Capaldi - Someone you loved


Deville...a ville , a city.... what about Niels Destadsbader

Or Willy....makes me think of Willy Willy



But I didn't find it.  I wanted the atmosphere of some concerts I remember at Polé Polé at the Gentse Feesten, where you smoothly move your feet at some base salsa steps while a line of brass instruments on stage.  Then I remembered El Tatoo del tigre.   And out of their songs...I need much emotions because there is a broken heart ...ooh that corazon. 



Live performance of this song at 1u17 



Comments

Popular Posts