Count your blessings : July 2023

  1.  Getting compliments on new clothes I wear and on my weight loss that people start to spot. 
  2. Watching our tomato & cucumber plants grow spectacularly in our garden
  3. Deciding to let go a VIP ticket for Gent Jazz festival after tiring stressful weeks and lounge in the garden all weekend instead and feeling more energized at the start of the new week. 
  4. Realizing I've escaped a major traffic jam by that choice
  5. Remaining amazingly calm in another exceptional stand-still traffic jam
  6. Comfortable airco in the office
  7. An extra long weekend free
  8. Date night and a short trip with Jan when both boys went on scouting camp at the first time.  Only 2nd weekend without children together in the last 10 years!
  9. Going out for a gastronomic dinner in a restaurant that had been on my wish list for long 
  10. Cool moderate weather
  11. Trips to the library
  12. Having a drink without the children and getting a cup of peanuts  and actually having the opportunity to eat them myself!
  13. Discovering the beautiful area of the Oisterwijkse bossen & Vennen and also the Lommelse Sahara
  14. Finding some time to catch up reading your blogs
  15. Going out for lunch with a friend. 
  16. The return of my 2 boys who were very enthusiastic of their scouting camp
  17. Those 2 little boys crawling back with me in bed in the morning and having time to snooze a bit together
  18. Clearing the backlog at work again...ha thank goodness most of our customers take holiday in the summer. 
  19. Our first tomato that is ripe in our garden.
  20. My flower pots flowering wildly
  21. Eating wild blackberries in the forest


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  

As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts