We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: The Blues brothers - Everybody needs somebody to love

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible!  


Oooh what a cool classic that Anne chose last Tuesday. The name didn't ring a bell but of course I know "Dance Hall Days". It's awesome.  


So what other songs are about dancing? Unfortunately I didn't find any with the right level of energy that I was looking for.  Too much ballads and romance and that wasn't a match with Dance Hall Days. 


  • Leonard Cohen- Take this Walz
  • Raymond Van het Groenenwoud - Chachacha
  • Flashdance ...what a feeling - Irene cara
  • Bill Medley / Jennifer Warnes - I've had the time of my life
  • Loreta : the trouble with boys ("the routine" from Friends)


But the band name Wang Chung is so special too and so I wondered if there is more to do with that...Wang could be cheek in Dutch. 

  • Joy - Cheek to cheek


And then I found a clip in a big ballroom, talking about the needs we have and how it is important to hold someone. ...yep this was my match!  Enjoy the Blues Brothers! 







Comments

Anne said…
Feestje!

Popular Posts