Deinze on a hot last summer day

On September 1st I gathered with my mom and sister downtown in my hometown to remember my father with a service now that it's already 5 years since he passed away.

We profited from the rare moment all to be together to out for lunch downtown and it was a gorgeous summer day. We were a bit early to walk to the restaurant, so we walked a bit downtown up and down along the Leie river and I showed the boys the school where I spent my childhood from 2,5 years to 18 years , right behind the church and along the river.  When the well known bridge opened, I had flashbacks of being late for school while waiting for the bridge to close with my bike . 

I must say that the quays have been nicely restored and look lovely.  












I also enjoyed myself to go and hunt and spot of the electricity cabins that have been repained with Emile Claus paintings downtown.  Deinze celebrates an Emile Clausyear in honor of his 100th death anniversary. I really love the paintings now on all the electricity boxes! 




De bietenoogst! 




Then it was time to try to find a spot in the shade outside as it was seriously too hot to lunch outside in the sun.  Ha I miss summer already.  And I miss lovely afternoons like this! It was pleasant.







Comments

Popular Posts