We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor : Fatboy Slim - Going out of my mind

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible!

When Anne posted Cypress Hill - Insane in the Membrane, I could only think of Weird Al Malkovich and his Insane in the Membrane. But it seemed so stupid to post a cover of the same song as a follow-up so I pushed myself to look further. 

There's a lot about "hills" I could select but that feels too easy. 

  • Lauren Hill - I gotta find peace of mind
  • Peter Gabriel - Salesbury hill
  • Ray Montagne - Such a simple thing
  • Andrea Berg
  • Wim Decraene - De Rode Heuvel
  • Faith Hill 
  • Ed Sheeran - Castle on the hill


Because it was on the album Black Sunday I was also inspired to look for other colourful days

  • U2 - Sunday bloody Sunday
  • Lost Frequencies & Tom Odell - Black Friday


There was something about going loco, which is also a road I could go on: 

  • Gims & Lossa - Loco


But in the end I heard the phrase "fatboy on a diet" and I knew I had to chose Fatboy Slim. And with his song "Going out of my mind", I was still going loco a little bit. 




Comments

Popular Posts