Made in Belgium: Gabriel Rios

We praise ourselves lucky that in the mid 90ies a hot Puerto Rican boy fell in love with a girl from Ghent since he followed her to her home country. And now we proudly call him one of ours. When Gabriel Rios released his first solo album in 2004 we immediately loved the sexy latin sunshine he brought on our radio and in 2006 we already voted him Best Belgian singer.

Ironically enough his latest girlfriend from Ghent, top model Delphine Bafort , made him move back to New York with her this winter. Ugh, now I'm robbed of the illusion that I might cross him in my brother-in-laws bakery where he used to live nearby. Booohoo.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to continue swirl my imaginary big robes through the living room on his music, especially on his oldest work since I'm not too fond on his more recent jazzy sound.



Broad Daylight





Tu no me Quires



I'm gonna die tonight



Voodoo Child (with Jef Neve & Laatse Show Band)

Comments

Brian Miller said…
that was very nice...peasing to the ear....

Popular Posts