Made in Belgium: the Music Industry Awards 2011

Last weekend the Flemish music industry, the media & public elected their favourites again and awarded the Flemish music talents.   Always a good showcase on the abundance of good music we have in our little country!

So here are the awarded artists for the last year (with a link to my blog posts if I have featured them already in my Made in Belgium series, so you can revisit them)

Milow:   Award for Pop, best Live Act and best Male Solo Artist.
Indeed, I think when travelling it is Milow which I hear most often abroad on the radio. He's doing well in the international music scene and surely deserves these awards!


Arsenal:  Award for Dance/ Electronic music.
Ah their sunny sound always brings me in an excellent mood!

dEUS: Award for Rock/Alternative   & best musician (= Mauro Pawlowski)
I really should be able to update my 2-year old since their last record sure proves they are still the kings of the Belgian rock-scene!

Christoff: Award for popular music

No, no hyperlink....not much chance that any of the nominees in this category will show up in my blog. I want to like the music a blog about

Bart Peeters: Dutchspeaking music
It should be no surprise for you all that I heart Bart Peeters since he's been featured regularly enough on my blog. He rules!!!!


Dez Mona: Artwork

Raymond van het Groenewoud: award for Auteur/Componser
As a lot of tweets claimed: Raymond should simply get all awards. We probably don't even realise his full talent

Gotye: best video clip and hit of the year.
told you so!  Discovery of the year....May he stay for long with us as he's good company :)

Selah Sue:  Award for best selling artist, best female solo artist and best album
Holy cow, what an achievement at such a young age but totally deserved.  You rock girl.
Hooverphonic:  Best group
In 2009 I wrote that they have not been able to match their album "the magnificent tree" anymore and that they were looking for a new singer. Well I should sooooo update that post since Noemie joined the group last year and since then they have wings again.  Oh yeah, they are present again all over with their own renewed sound.

Intergalactic lovers: award for break-through
yes I promise they'll get a post dedicated to them soon!

Comments

Popular Posts