Date night in Butgenbach

It's become a bit of a tradition that Jan and I go out for fancy dinner while both kids are away on their scouting camp.  Unfortunately my lumbago made it very hard for me to sit comfortable for a long time and therefore I wasn't going to book an expensive night out if I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

But I had survived the evening in Maastricht, although with pain.  By the end of the week when we were back in the east of Belgium we risked going out for dinner there.

We went to Butgenbach where we often have a drink after a walk but we haven't had a dinner in the Butgenbacher hof since 2010, so it was about time to go back.

We were early so we walked a bit to keep my muscles active but when I spotted Brewtous, the local little brewery that I had not tried yet, we went for a digustation there. 





And then it was time to head over to Butgenbacher Hof. We got appetizers on their lovely terrace that we like very much and then we were seated inside for our menu. 


their alcohol free appetizer based on "limoncello" was very tastefull and hardly tasted different from the alcoholic variant



We had a lovely dinner, served by very young staff as the restaurant and hotel is a training center for students. 







 

Comments

Popular Posts