Scouting camp pictures
Sending your children on a scouting camp (or a Kazou camp) is a good parenting lesson in letting go. No news is good news.
For scouting we get a glimpse of their location when dropping them off. As a non-scout, that is always a big of a shock to me as we basically drop them off on an empty field now they are getting older. Some tents will arrise or they have to lash their own structures, dig their own toilet hole etc... Yikes. But they return very enthousiastic so ...I'm happy for them.
This year I've been blessed with a lot of pictures (most at the end or after the camp though). Always fun to see a glimpse in their camp live.
For Beertje we received a picture already on the first day of their arrival, proudly posing for the tents that had been set-up for them.
For scouting we get a glimpse of their location when dropping them off. As a non-scout, that is always a big of a shock to me as we basically drop them off on an empty field now they are getting older. Some tents will arrise or they have to lash their own structures, dig their own toilet hole etc... Yikes. But they return very enthousiastic so ...I'm happy for them.
This year I've been blessed with a lot of pictures (most at the end or after the camp though). Always fun to see a glimpse in their camp live.
For Beertje we received a picture already on the first day of their arrival, proudly posing for the tents that had been set-up for them.

Later in the week there were a couple of pictures in the whatsapp group for the parents, where I saw that Beertje's favourite camp activity had been ticked off: eating spaghetti without hands.
Kabouter had been dropped off here, a field closeby last year's location but this time theyy were next to a creek. Thhat didn't help as the drought had dried it out completely. No more creek.
There were no updates during the camp but afterwards we get to see a good glimpse as some of these teenagers do smuggle a little camera along.
It looks like they hiked to the only canyon Belgium has: the Fondry des Chiens and they managed to find crayfish for dinner. Super cool.
It looks like they hiked to the only canyon Belgium has: the Fondry des Chiens and they managed to find crayfish for dinner. Super cool.
I prefer the comfort of a good bed and practical facilities, but I'm getting used to them surviving for a while with an absolute minimum of facilities and having the time of their life. I'm sure it's a valuable experience.







.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)

.jpeg)

.jpeg)
.jpeg)
Comments