Count your blessings

Some bloggers like Gerhildemaakt  or Upje blog regularly about simple things in their lives that make them happy.  Those are fun simple posts that are recognisable and make me smile. And as the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I also want to list some things that make me happy in my daily life.

  1. A little body that nestles next to you in the sofa with a book and leans in to "read book with mommy". 
  2. Sparrows, finch, tilt, ... flying up and down massively to the little bird house outside of the window
  3. The 4 tiny pots with red flowers that Jan bought to decorate the table
  4. Turning on the lights of the Christmas tree and deciding the tree can stay up another week
  5. Listening and watching the 2 men (big and small) in the car sing loudly some child rhymes accompanied with the right movements
  6. Eating that one pancake that didn't mess up my sugar levels
  7. Entering in daycare in the evening to find Kabouter jumping around "my mommy, my mommy"
  8. A cappuccino or latte macchiato when you really needed one
  9. Turning around in your cosy warm nest that your bed has become in the morning, realising you don't need to get up yet.
  10. Admitting to yourself and the others that you are tired and going to lay down for a nap.

Comments

Popular Posts